Contact me by

**You can email me at
**or by mail my current address is
Elder Trevon Turley
3 Edes St. Apt. 4a
Plymouth, MA 02360
**If it's close to transfer day you may want to send letters or packages to the mission home at this address. They will forward it to him.
Elder Trevon Oliver Turley
Massachusetts Boston Mission
182 W Central St. Ste 203
Natick, MA 01760
United States



Monday, June 29, 2015

I'm headed to Oxford

This week has been pretty crazy! President Packard is done and President Miller and his family arrives tonight. We're all very excited to see how he will improve the Kingdom here in Boston. I'm lucky enought to be one of the first missionaries to truly work with him since I'll be going to the mission home on Wednesday to get my new companion and head off to Oxford. I'm really excited and not really nervous anymore. I've decided I'll just do my best and say a lot of prayers and I'm certain everything will be alright. 



I'm currently in a trio with elder Nixon and Elder Lutkin. elder Lutkin is the one replacing me and I'm so grateful for him. I know that he'll do so much work here in Boston. He was made to serve in areas like Boston. Yesterday we gave away 10 copies of the Book of Mormon! I've never done anything like that before, it was pretty great. Elder Nixon and Elder Lutkin are going to do great work and I know that Boston english is going to be having quite a few baptisms in the upcoming weeks. 



I love Boston and I'm sad to leave especially after 6 months of my life has been spent here. I love the people, I love the lifestyle, I love the "T" and I love church in Boston. I have never seen a more diverse ward in my life than the Boston 1 English Ward and I don't know if I'll ever see one like it again. When I first arrived I was quite disturbed by how differently the church is ran here than what I'm used to. It has helped me get over myself and realize that although what people do here might not alwyas be culturally appropriate or even protocol but at the heart the people here love eachother and do what they can to help out where they can. I am grateful for their example. Every Sunday was filled with unique curveballs that I could never have imagined on my own and I am glad for those experiences.



I love New England and I'm going to love Oxford. The people here remind me of pineapples they might be a little hard and bumpy on the outside but once you get through that layer you'll find that their all pretty great. 

Anyway I love you too... bye

-- 
Elder Trevon Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment