Contact me by

**You can email me at
**or by mail my current address is
Elder Trevon Turley
3 Edes St. Apt. 4a
Plymouth, MA 02360
**If it's close to transfer day you may want to send letters or packages to the mission home at this address. They will forward it to him.
Elder Trevon Oliver Turley
Massachusetts Boston Mission
182 W Central St. Ste 203
Natick, MA 01760
United States



Monday, June 15, 2015

Hold on to that ball Petey!

This week has been one of the busiest weeks of my mission and it has been great! We set a goal as the English unit to have at least 1 member interaction per companionship every day. We've done it too and it's improved every aspect of our work. Last week a lot of our member interactions was us going over to their house to share a message with them but rolling into this week most of our member interactions are going to have to come from members who come out teaching with us since we've already filled most of our schedule with lessons with non-members. It's been a huge motivator and blessing. I attribute it to Elder Nixon who's not content to let things coast, he's constantly helping me and the area as a whole. 


On Sunday a less active invited us over on a bit of a whim but we could fit it in our schedule so we head over to her house planning to be there for maybe an hour or so but suddenly we're helping her with dishes and we're bringing food out of her pantry/fridge and then she pulls out the grill. Next thing we know there's a neighborhood barbecue going on and for whatever reason I was the appointed grill master. I have probably grilled like once before in my life but I figured it couldn't be too hard so I tried to wield the spatula confidently. I must say things turned out much better than I thought they would plus the whole neighborhood has the missionaries number and we have all their numbers too! 

We also met this guy named Fred at Boston Common. We were down there trying to meet with a potential investigator but he wasn't there so we decided to do a little planning before our next appointment. Fred was sitting next to us and he was noticeably stressed so before we leave we go talk to him. We didn't even tell him who we were but he just starts telling us about how poorly his life has been lately. It was really sad so many things happened to him that were out of his control. He wasn't homeless or drunk he was just down on himself. So we listen to him for a while he figures out we're missionaries and before we leave we give him our number and tell him if he ever needs someone to talk to the he can just give us a call. That night at 3 AM he called us. We called him the next day and he told us that he prayed to God looking for direction and he felt like he should call us. It was really great. Even though we're missionaries we didn't push anything on him. We didn't try to give him a Book of Mormon or invite him to church. We did what we could to meet his needs and as his needs change we'll do what we can to meet them. He wants to meet with us and as he continues to do so we will help him. Hopefully we will be able to help him find the restored gospel but until then we'll have to see where it goes.

I know that this church is true and that any need, challenge or concern that anybody might have can be met and answered through the right gospel principle found within our church. I pray for the gift of discernment to know what and when to share with those around me and as I move forward in faith I know that God will use me as an instrument in his hand.

I love you! 
-- 
Elder Trevon Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment