Contact me by

**You can email me at
**or by mail my current address is
Elder Trevon Turley
3 Edes St. Apt. 4a
Plymouth, MA 02360
**If it's close to transfer day you may want to send letters or packages to the mission home at this address. They will forward it to him.
Elder Trevon Oliver Turley
Massachusetts Boston Mission
182 W Central St. Ste 203
Natick, MA 01760
United States



Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Consecrate yourself unto The Lord

(This was a letter we got in the mail)

Hello family. How are you all doing in the sunshine state? I finally understand that nickname since I've been here on the east coast. I started writing at the top of this page because I thought I had a lot to say but I'm not sure I do now that I've started. So who knows how much I'll really write. Like this sentence here, it's just filler. Haha. 

Today we spent most of the day being taught by Elder Larry R. Lawrence & his wife. It was a remarkable day. He taught us about consecrating ourselves to the Lord. This has been an independent goal of the mission since the Packards got here. I know that everyone in the mission believes that we can actually attain this. At first I thought it was like Christs promise in 3 Nephi 12:48 which is not something we can actually achieve in this life but it is something we can strive for. After today I truly believe that we as missionaries can truly consecrate ourselves to the Lord. 

I've been instructed to pray for the specific needs of our investigators. I have Grandpa Turley to thank for giving me such a deep understanding of this concept. For whatever reason I was at grandpas after church one fast Sunday, it was just he and I. As we broke the fast he offered the most sincere & heartfelt prayer addressing the needs of all of his children & asking for blessings specific to their needs. I've remembered that event ever since it happened. I hope that one day I will be able to pray for my investigators with the same love & care that Grandpa spoke of for his children. Will you please thank him for me. 

With love, Elder Turley



We received the nicest email from a mom who is in Trevons Ward where he is currently serving. She sent us these pictures as well. It was such a fun surprise, especially since this was the first picture we've seen with his missionary companion. 



No comments:

Post a Comment