Contact me by

**You can email me at
**or by mail my current address is
Elder Trevon Turley
3 Edes St. Apt. 4a
Plymouth, MA 02360
**If it's close to transfer day you may want to send letters or packages to the mission home at this address. They will forward it to him.
Elder Trevon Oliver Turley
Massachusetts Boston Mission
182 W Central St. Ste 203
Natick, MA 01760
United States



Wednesday, December 23, 2015

I'm in Nashua & life is great

Well I don't think I've ever had a more hairbrained transfer than this one. I was in a really good routine in Oxford and it all got reset. It was strange, I felt like I'd never been transferred before. I think I lost pretty much everything after I unpacked it but I think I'm settled a little more now so that should be good.

I had a great final week in Oxford. Our final lesson with Barry was great! We went over the importance of Joseph Smith since every time we tried to teach that it never really stuck. So we started our lesson strong by telling him that we were going to teach him why Joseph Smith is an important part of the restored gospel. By the end of the lesson which was filled with testimony bearing and dot connecting we asked him to pray and ask god if Joseph Smith was a Prophet to which Barry promptly said no. He proceeded to say that he needed to read the entire Book of Mormon which he had previously been opposed to. Now he had a good enough reason to read it and he committed to read a chapter a day. We asked him why he didn't want an answer because we told him he could pray and get an answer without reading the whole book and he said he wasn't ready for an answer and we asked him to explain. He said that once he gets that answer there's nothing holding him back from jumping in the water. So at least he understands what it would mean if Joseph Smith was indeed a prophet of God but he's not ready to make the commitment associated with that knowledge so he's taking his time which is understandable. It was basically the best last lesson you could have in an area and I was grateful for that opportunity.

Nashua has been wonderful. It's a great ward and environment to do missionary work. We're in a city but it's big enough to have a car so it's really easy to make daily contact with everyone! This has been the easiest area to fill our planner but I'll have to make sure that I continue to focus on priorities so I don't get caught up in just filling the planner. Also regarding our car, we drive a minivan which is pretty great. We use it for carpooling to distrrict meetings and stuff since we have three companionships in this area. I feel like a mother driving it but it's fun.


Elder Franca and I are going to have an amazing companionship. In all honesty all of my companions up to this point has had some special need that I was forewarned about but not Elder Franca.  He and I have had so much fun doing work. We really are able to work together and I don't really have to worry about him as well as the people we're teaching which is completely different for me and a welcome change.  He's helped me to be more obedient and already I just feel much more happier as a result of it. 

Life is great. 

-- 
Elder Trevon Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment