Contact me by

**You can email me at
**or by mail my current address is
Elder Trevon Turley
3 Edes St. Apt. 4a
Plymouth, MA 02360
**If it's close to transfer day you may want to send letters or packages to the mission home at this address. They will forward it to him.
Elder Trevon Oliver Turley
Massachusetts Boston Mission
182 W Central St. Ste 203
Natick, MA 01760
United States



Monday, October 5, 2015

Have the days of miracles ceased? I say unto you nay.

Well I've decided that the verse I'm going to ponderize this week is Philippians 4:11 it says

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

I'll tell you more about the pondering aspect next week. 

This past week has been great! We've had a lot of member visits this week and they were all productive but the best part is that I am finally teaching a family! For the first time on the mission I taught the message of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ to an entire family! The father is a member but he hasn't been to church in years. His family from Idaho came out and visited him and brought him to church so that's how we got ahold of him. We had visited him twice hoping that his family would be there but they never were so we finally asked him when we could come over to teach his whole family. He gave us a time & we went. We asked him to offer a kneeling closing prayer at the end of the lesson. We figured it would be good for the family and it says to do that in preach my gospel but he said no and had Elder Whittle give the closing prayer. But overall the family has way more potential than they are willing to let on and we're totally going to help them come closer to Christ! 

So we've had quite a bit of rain. 

Conference was amazing! The best one for me yet. that's probably because I genuinely payed attention to every single talk for the first time in my life. It was thrilling to hear from the three new apostles. Elder Stevensons address was my favorite and it's probably because he quoted Preach My Gospel directly a few times. it made me happy to know that he knew it well enough to be able to quote it so flawlessly that it fit perfectly in with his address. 

I also really enjoyed both of Elder Eyrings talks he's a great speaker and his stories were inspirational and applicable. After his talk I asked the Elders Quorum president if he was going to buy a truck, it was pretty funny. 

Elder Lawrence's talk was fantastic about how versatile the spirit is. he came and visited our mission about a year ago so it was cool to see him again. He's from Tucson Arizona so he's definitely a great guy. 

I received a lot of guidance on how to improve myself, ways to improve the work and I was thinking about a lot of people that we're working with that could benefit from hearing various talks. I'm already looking forward to the Ensign so I can read through all of them again and I'm excited for the next session of conference and all that I'll learn then.

I know that God instructs these men to lead and guide us. Have the days of miracles ceased? I say unto you Nay
 
-- 
Elder Trevon Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment