Contact me by

**You can email me at
**or by mail my current address is
Elder Trevon Turley
3 Edes St. Apt. 4a
Plymouth, MA 02360
**If it's close to transfer day you may want to send letters or packages to the mission home at this address. They will forward it to him.
Elder Trevon Oliver Turley
Massachusetts Boston Mission
182 W Central St. Ste 203
Natick, MA 01760
United States



Monday, October 12, 2015

I know that which The Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it

Life has been moving along pretty well. Once a month we plan and set goals. These goals are centered around people who we think have the ability to progress into becoming investigators, setting a baptismal date with them or even having someone baptized in the coming month. These goals help to plan our time and the hope is that we set them with revelation from God. At that point we treat the goal as though we received it from God and then we have a lot more drive to accomplish our goals! Well I've always struggled with setting time aside to ponder and pray about who the Lord would have us set as priority but leading into October I fasted and prayed many times about who we should set as goals and when it came time to finally put them down on paper Elder Whittle and I felt inspired about who to focus on. Already we're seeing miracles and I truly believe that we will meet every single goal because it was revealed unto us by revelation that our goals can and will be achieved. 

One of our people we are focusing on is a man George. He requested a Bible from Mormon.org. We set him as a goal to become a new investigator this month. There were other people that seemed to have more potential especially because we'd never even met the guy, we just knew he wanted a Bible. Well upon visiting him one evening he gladly accepted a Bible and a Book of Mormon and he seemed very excited to read them both! He's fairly religious already and he wanted a bible so that he had something to read when he went to visit his native country Ghana. As of now he's not an investigator but he leaves on the 28th for Ghana so we have time to meet the goal but we're going to have to work hard to achieve it. Still I believe we will be able to help him. 

Joe's family is doing pretty good! We actually weren't able to see them this week but surprisingly the whole family came to church! We knew Joe would be coming and that he might be bringing his children but the whole family showed up. They left quickly right after sacrament meeting but they still came to church. Their youngest son Michael is seven years old and he'd never sung a hymn in his life but he was singing proudly every single time we sang as a congregation.  We have the primary program in two weeks and we're going to try and get the kids to participate in it.



For my ponderizing verse this week I decided to choose Alma29:9 it says
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.
I thought it might be a good one for missionary work.

Alright well I think that's good enough, one of the things I felt prompted to do during General Conference was write in my journal so I've faithfully done that all week and it's made writing this email much easier.

I have a Wisdom tooth coming in. Only one and it's on my bottom right side, it doesn't hurt or anything but I figured I'd let you guys know. I'm not too sure what to do about it. 

Thanks for all that you do and keep up the good work. 

-- 
Elder Trevon Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment