Contact me by

**You can email me at
**or by mail my current address is
Elder Trevon Turley
3 Edes St. Apt. 4a
Plymouth, MA 02360
**If it's close to transfer day you may want to send letters or packages to the mission home at this address. They will forward it to him.
Elder Trevon Oliver Turley
Massachusetts Boston Mission
182 W Central St. Ste 203
Natick, MA 01760
United States



Monday, September 21, 2015

Life is good

I got to go on exchanges twice this week and that was a lot of fun but it's going to make miles super rough for the rest of the month.  The first exchange was with our District Leader and the second time was with one of my zone leaders. 

Elder Cagle and I had a blast though! Pretty much everybody cancelled but we were so fired up we just stayed busy. I don't really know any better way to explain it. We were getting hungry so we randomly went to this pizza place. We're sitting there eating and this guy walks in and he just starts talking to everybody about anything, he's one of those guys. Well he sits down right by us and asks us where we're from because he knew we were missionaries. We ended up talking to him for 45 minutes and sort of taught him all about the gospel in a nutshell. Well suffice it to say we got his number and he left with a book of Mormon. As he was leaving he told us that every single day he packs his lunch but today he didn't, he said God wanted us to meet so that was cool. Hopefully things go well with him.

Steve got the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday which was great. Bishop asked the 1st assistant in the Priests Quorum to meet with him and teach him about it. I thought it was really cool how the Bishop did that, it impressed me a lot. Steve's 54 years old and the 1st assistant is 17 but it didn't matter because it was his responsibility. He'll do a great job. 

Elder Acosta is getting transferred and he's psyching himself out! It's a little comical and I wonder if I was like that when I got transferred for the first time. Nevertheless I'm doing what I can to ease the transition for him and I'm sure he'll do well. Our companionship has been very difficult and it's taken a lot of effort to make things work but that's ok because we both put in the effort and now we're really good friends too. I have complete confidence in him that he will be a successful missionary.

I've also been working really hard to memorize the Book of Mormon. It's been a lot of fun! I'm nowhere near having anything more than scripture masteries committed to memory. However, after hearing up to 5 consecutive verses I can identify the chapter and the book. I'm not trying to be boastful but this is literally what I do for fun on the mission! I would never say anything like that before the mission that's for sure but it's cool and it makes me feel confident when it comes to being thrown on the spot with scriptures. 

I know that the  Book of Mormon is true. I know that even more than it being true is that the events in it actually happened, it's not a big parable but it's actually historic events. The people in it are exceptional at choosing the right but they are still flawed to some degree. They held fast to what was right even unto death. I love the Book of Mormon for this reason and more. 


Elder Trevon Turley

I received these pictures from Sister Graff tonight. Their family is in Trevs ward & they were lucky enough to have dinner in the Graff home this evening. 
They even got to have a little cooking competition. Not sure who won. So fun though. 



No comments:

Post a Comment