Contact me by

**You can email me at
**or by mail my current address is
Elder Trevon Turley
3 Edes St. Apt. 4a
Plymouth, MA 02360
**If it's close to transfer day you may want to send letters or packages to the mission home at this address. They will forward it to him.
Elder Trevon Oliver Turley
Massachusetts Boston Mission
182 W Central St. Ste 203
Natick, MA 01760
United States



Monday, July 13, 2015

Everybody falls short sometimes but the Atonement is what allows us to get back up

I'm in a car again, I'm driving. My companion has been out a whole week and a half and I think we'll be able to attend the temple. Yvonne got your package so thank for that. She loved it. 

Well I've really enjoyed this past week in Oxford. We've had the opportunity to meet with Steve twice this week and both have been marvelous experiences. He is honestly one of the best men I have ever met. His kindness and integrity is an example to me. He has truly been prepared to receive the restored Gospel. He read the entire Book of Mormon in a month and he has such amazing faith in it. I'm grateful for him and I hope to continue to find others like him during my time here in Oxford. 

On the flip side there are a few families that we're working with that are really struggling. They still have faith in God and a testimony of the church but for whatever reason they aren't living up to the commandments of God. I am also grateful for the chance I have to work with these people. Sometimes I find myself thinking that those who are "prepared" are those who have no struggles in accepting God's commandments. This is not true! The Atonement is real and I'm successful as a missionary when I can help others learn how to accept and apply it in their lives. The people who are "prepared"are those who are humble enough to accept the restored Gospel regardless of background. Everybody falls short sometimes but the Atonement is what allows us to get back up.

Please pray for Elder Acosta and I that we will be able to find those who are prepared to receive the restored Gospel.

 

-- 
Elder Trevon Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment