Contact me by

**You can email me at
**or by mail my current address is
Elder Trevon Turley
3 Edes St. Apt. 4a
Plymouth, MA 02360
**If it's close to transfer day you may want to send letters or packages to the mission home at this address. They will forward it to him.
Elder Trevon Oliver Turley
Massachusetts Boston Mission
182 W Central St. Ste 203
Natick, MA 01760
United States



Monday, October 27, 2014

We can all agree that driving is not my greatest strength


> So my new address is:
>  553 Tyler St Apt A1
Pittsfield MA 01201
>
Please feel free to write me lots of letters and send me packages. Me and my MTC companion were able to get our guy to commit to baptism which was super cool. We felt like thats the way it was going to be in the field but I know now it isnt. Turns out Garretts uncle was in my branch presidency in the MTC so that was really cool. Anyway my last Sunday in the MTC we had a devotional with a guy who played football. He talked about how he's a total bro and loves to share the light of christ with others. He played in the NFL for the Eagles and when he met L. Tom Perry he was told that the reason he played football was to help open the doors to China. well next thing you know he's hired by the NFL to be the official ambassador for China concerning football. He was number 89 for reference but I dont remember his name. He was the guy who gave the play by play for the NFL that was broadcasted in China. He said that he didnt know football lingo in chinese but he did know church lingo. His play by play was "I testify that Tom Brady is throwing true passes" anyways he was just a super awesome guy.  I left the MTC at 2 in the morning even though our plane didnt take off until 930 so I was pretty much exhausted for the first few days in fact I fell asleep during companionship prayer. 

Our mission president is like the farthest thing from politically correct you can be and it's super awesome. The first thing we did was go contacting in the heat of Boston so that was really cool and really nerve-wracking. People arent very nice and dont slow down so we just walked and talked. My Trainer is named Elder Stevens and the first thing he did was give me a hug and then he handed me the keys. He can't drive. Now you know how I am with driving. WE can all agree that driving is not my greatest strength. Now imagine It's my first night in the mission it's raining and dark and we have a 3 hour drive to get to our apartment from the mission home. I'm driving a brand new 2014 Chevy Cruze. To add on all of that the people here dont really pay attention to the lines except for the yellow one thank goodness. The roads here have absolutely no rhyme or reason either. In fact I guess most of the roads were built on old cattle trails. Thankfully I'm still alive. 

It's been a lot of fun out here and I really enjoy it. The first dinner I had was with a mexican family who didnt really speak much english. That was interesting, we just played charades the whole time. It was just like when I was working at tree doctors. I havent had any sea food yet though and thats a little disapointing. also there isnt really an accent either where I am. 

Anyway cool story time: last night we were out visiting less active people and we normally knock on the neighbors doors just to see if they're interested too. we can't find this ladies house and we have like fifteen minutes until we're supposed to be back in our apartment and my trainer said lets just go back. However,  I remember my teachers in the MTC saying "never go back early if you can help it. It's when you think theres no chance and you still keep going that miracles happen" so I told Elder STeven lets just knock on a few more doors. SO he lets me take the lead and the first door we knock on is this really nice lady who has a dog which we immediately start petting (if the owners dog likes you so does the owner) anyway we get in the house and start talking to her and apparently her mom, nephew and brother in law all committed suicude and she's looking for answers. I felt really blessed to have the answer and happily gave her a Book of Mormon and explained that as she reads it and prays to find comfort and understanding she'll find her answers. We got all her information and told her we'd give her a call and stuff so that was really cool. Hopefully we can really help her to understand God's plan for us all. 

Some thoughts I had this week. Ive been pondering about ordinances and how when there is a baptism or sealing they are the two that end with "In the name of The Father & The Son & The Holy Ghost. We read in the scriptures that baptism is the door to the Celestial Kingdom. Hel 3:26-28 Perhaps it is because baptism is our first covenant with God & it is an outward expression saying we have chosen to follow Christ. Perhaps as we make this commitment that we will be supported by the whole of the Godhead. The sealing is the final covenant we make with God that is vital to our eternal existence. Maybe it is to let us know that the path we are on is pleasing to the Godhead. This covenant allows us to qualify for the greatest glory so long as we endure to the end. Let me know your thoughts. 

Also, my mission is not one that has iPads or Facebook at this time. 

Anyways I gotta go now Love you lots. Trevon
>
> P.S. Kellie thank you so much for the package I didnt get it until my last day in the MTC and it was really really awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment