Contact me by

**You can email me at
**or by mail my current address is
Elder Trevon Turley
3 Edes St. Apt. 4a
Plymouth, MA 02360
**If it's close to transfer day you may want to send letters or packages to the mission home at this address. They will forward it to him.
Elder Trevon Oliver Turley
Massachusetts Boston Mission
182 W Central St. Ste 203
Natick, MA 01760
United States



Monday, March 14, 2016

We found a family

Well hello. This week has also been great. We continued to apply what we learned at MLC which was to act like we know nothing and we had an extremely good week as far as Key Indicators go. In fact Sunday was the first day on my mission that we met all of our daily key indicator goals. We had a lot of fun doing what we learned. I think the one that had the biggest impact on me was the principle of asking everyone "who do you know who would be interested in and benefit from this message" and that's yielded a lot of fruit, it's fun asking people on the street that question and many of them refer their neighbors to us. Another principle is that when we visit media referrals to knock on their neighbors doors. Oftentime the person who requested X item on any church website will frequently change their mind but we're to have faith that we were put in that neighborhood for a reason and it's panned out! We had a media referral that we had contacted already but we went back to the neighborhood we found a family! Only two people in the family speak english and the rest speak kinyarwanda.... You've probably never heard of it. It's from Ruwanda. Well they're a wonderful family and I think every time we go over we'll be graciously accepted into their home but unfortunately we don't know how much we can help them since we really can't communicate and the church has nothing translated into their language. But we found a family!

I can't say I have too many experiences to share this week but I think this has been one of the best weeks of the mission. We tried really hard to do everything right. We looked at Preach My Gospel many times because we realized a lot of what we did was cultural or habit and not really the best way to do things. It's been helpful. 

On Saturday Barry was baptized into the fold of God. I don't know if you remember him but I taught him in Oxford. He was so great and he really digested each step of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He had lots of Faith so that was easy and he had lots to Repent of, but that's why we have the atonement and now he's been baptized and has been confirmed a member of the church. I have complete faith that he will successfully endure to the end as well. I was planning on going and I had permission to go but on the day of his baptism I received a distinct impression not to go. It was odd but I was reassured that if I went I would regret it. I tried to work really hard that day to find the miracle God had instore for me but I don't know if that's why he had me stay. We had an awesome day and that's when we found the family but I never felt a confirmation that some event that occurred on Saturday was the reason I didn't go to the baptism. I don't know why I stayed except the Spirit told me to and I pray I'll be able to recognize why someday. 

I'll send pictures of the baptism next week

Thank you to everyone who sent me birthday wishes and/or stuff. I really do appreciate it. 

-- 
Elder Trevon Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment