Contact me by

**You can email me at
**or by mail my current address is
Elder Trevon Turley
3 Edes St. Apt. 4a
Plymouth, MA 02360
**If it's close to transfer day you may want to send letters or packages to the mission home at this address. They will forward it to him.
Elder Trevon Oliver Turley
Massachusetts Boston Mission
182 W Central St. Ste 203
Natick, MA 01760
United States



Monday, April 27, 2015

Twenty-three Nineteen. We have a Twenty-three Nineteen!

Well this week has been pretty fun I must say. 

We've been doing a lot of finding since we don't have many investigators right now so we spend all our spare time looking for new people to teach.  We met with the Gospel Principles teacher and talked about our Former Investigators with him and he gave us some insight on the best way to recontact them so that's been super helpful. Unfortunately with the T we can only reasonably visit like 3 potentials a day so it's slow work.

The assistant Ward mission leader has a pet hedgehog and he let me hold it. 

My companion and I get along real well but that happens when you spend 4+ months with the same guy 24/7. He's probably gonna get transferred at the end of this transfer so I gotta make sure that I make this last one count. He's spent six months here in Boston and it's his first area. Of course if I stay here one more transfer as well then I'll be here for six months too! Which is awesome to spend half a year in Boston!

Me in front of the Paul Revere statue. Cool story. The guy who sculpted this is the same guy who sculpted the Angel Moroni on the Salt Lake Temple. 

On Saturday we went to visit this family. The parents have 5 kids but the two oldest kids are the only ones who are members but I see so much potential with the whole family. We went over with our sisters ( Braswell and Thompson) to see if we could teach the whole family, except they were doing their spring cleaning so we said "what do you want us to do"? and they put us to work for two hours. It was so awesome! 

We also set up a time this week to go play Softball with the whole family on Friday! I was talking to The mom and she was telling me about all these churches she's investigated in the past so I asked her if she was still looking and she said no because she had already found it. She said it was our church but she was just too overwhelmed with life right now to make the changes she needs to to accept it. We tried to tell her that making those changes is what would help her the very most in life so we'll see how things go. This family is really great and I hope they get baptized while I'm still here in the area! 

Anyways we're gonna go to the zoo today as a zone so I've gotta be heading out! Love ya

-- 
Elder Trevon Turley

Me in front of a really cool boat



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment