Contact me by

**You can email me at
**or by mail my current address is
Elder Trevon Turley
3 Edes St. Apt. 4a
Plymouth, MA 02360
**If it's close to transfer day you may want to send letters or packages to the mission home at this address. They will forward it to him.
Elder Trevon Oliver Turley
Massachusetts Boston Mission
182 W Central St. Ste 203
Natick, MA 01760
United States



Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Is that Christmas tree hanging from the ceiling? Why yes it is.

Well we already have our Christmas lights up! Elder Whittle was very gung ho about it and it didn't bother me so we just did it. I'll include a picture in this email. This week has been a lot of fun and we've accomplished a lot.  We set a goal to have six lessons with investigators this week and we put a name with each goal. We worked hard to achieve this and set an appointment with every single person! By the end of the week though only one of those lessons actually happened. Only One. Interestingly enough though neither I nor Elder Whittle felt bad or disheartened because we could both honestly say that we did our best to make it happen. We still had great contact with each of our investigators and did what we could to help them progress. 

President Miller been advising the mission to have more frequent and shorter meetings with those we teach. Those that we've been able to apply this with has been very beneficial. Even though we really didn't see any of them this week we still had contact. I'm trying to help out where I can and I pray God will bless me with more of those opportunities. 

This week my ponderizing scripture is Deuteronomy 6:18 which says:
18 And thou shalt do that which is right and good in the sight of the Lord: that it may be well with thee, and that thou mayest go in and possess the good land which the Lordsware unto thy fathers,

I've been working hard to be more accountable to God and this verse has really helped me to find strength in doing that. It seems to me that it's basically just saying, do what you know you need to do, stop complaining and wait to see the miracles happen. I still have my moments where I may not be as diligent as I should be but I know that God has blessings on store for me as I maintain faithfulness. So just do what's right and everything will be well.

Thank you to Sister Graff for snapping this picture of us in action setting up an appointment with a new member. 



Here's our Christmas lights. You might be asking yourself "Is that Tree hanging from the ceiling?" Why yes, yes it is. I remember hearing somewhere that it was a new fad so we decided to try it and we think it looks pretty good.

Have you been able to request any of our ancestors patriarchal blessings. It's a pretty cool thing and I challenge you all to request at least one. Just go to the church website under patriarchal blessings. 
-- 
Elder Trevon Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment