Contact me by

**You can email me at
**or by mail my current address is
Elder Trevon Turley
3 Edes St. Apt. 4a
Plymouth, MA 02360
**If it's close to transfer day you may want to send letters or packages to the mission home at this address. They will forward it to him.
Elder Trevon Oliver Turley
Massachusetts Boston Mission
182 W Central St. Ste 203
Natick, MA 01760
United States



Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Honey, where's my super suit?


Well this week was pretty good. My new companions name is Elder Nixon, I'm pretty sure I already sent home a picture of him. He's great, he went to BYU for a year and took a mission prep class there so it's really helped us get into the swing of things. I'm grateful for him and his enthusiastic spirit in going about the work. He's really thrown himself into it. 



Yesterday Harry went to the temple for the first time and he was baptized for his Grandpa! It was so great. It was on our Recent Convert Temple trip which is just amazing. Once a month the temple sets aside a day and for like 3 hours on that day the font is only for Recent Converts to come and do baptisms. The mission presidency and the Temple presidency are there as well as a ton of Recent Converts from all over the mission and they're all experiencing the same joy that comes from helping their ancestors receive the ordinances of salvation. It was really great. Harry also brought Emma who is one of our investigators that Harry helped us find. She had such a wonderful experience and I know that she felt the spirit just walking around the Temple grounds. Of course we had a member stay with her the entire time and answer her questions. 

We gave two people blessings in the hospital this week and both of them were from outside our mission but were at hospitals within our area so we were blessed with the opportunity to serve them.

I also lost my voice for like 2 days which is good because I think otherwise I would have completely dominated all of our lessons but it forced me to sit back and let Elder Nixon take the lead and he did great. 

I also ate goat in green curry sauce for the first time. That was interesting, it was also at that home where I ate Ox tail for the first time. 

Anyways the important thing is that the temple changes lives for the living and the dead. The key is helping converts go to the temple as soon as possible after their baptism. The spirit felt there confirms the importance of living this gospel faithfully and will make eternal impressions on those who are able to be a part of the great work done within the temple.

-- 
Elder Trevon Turley


So this is Dorchester. It's in Boston. It's a little hood. The bikers mob the city. They don't care about traffic. They have numbers. And speed. And no fear. Or cares. It's really quite entertaining.






No comments:

Post a Comment